First Week in Florence!

Ciao from Firenze!

The past 7 days have been nothing short of incredible, and the journey has only just begun! Monday was my first day of class, and while my brain still seemed fried from finals, I was able to pull through the 3-hour session and I absolutely loved my marketing class. On Tuesday I started my photography class and fell in love from the start!

I’ve never been abroad before, so this experience is extremely new, exciting and daunting. Everywhere I look there is something beautiful to see…or eat!!! The days are very full, and my feet are beginning to hurt from all the walking, but luckily Penn State’s campus prepared me well for that.

Everything still feels like a dream at this point. At brunch on Sunday my roommates and I ran into a man from Pittsburg who knew all about Penn State. The second we told him we were studying abroad, it hit me then that the trip I had been planning for over a year had finally arrived. I never really thought studying abroad would work out for me, so to be able to say I am abroad in Italy for 6 weeks feels like a blessing.

I’m most looking forward to delving into the culture here. I want to push myself to learn the language and to practice it with the locals. I want to eat what they eat, talk like they talk and live like they live. I have many trips and activities on my bucket list and hope to be writing about them in this blog throughout the next 6 weeks. Tomorrow I am going to Cinque Terre where I will hike through the famous five towns known for their beautiful colorful houses, seafood and pesto. On Saturday I am traveling to Pisa and Lucca, and on Sunday I am planning to hit some main tourist spots in Florence.

After a week in Florence, I am eager and excited to travel the rest of Italy. There is so much to see and do here, and it’s crazy I only have 5 more weeks left. My time here is going to fly by, and I am ready to take it all in.

Ciao for now!