Like thousands of other Penn State Students I attended the White Out Game versus Michigan yesterday night. The energy of the crowd was incredible and I have never felt so involved in a college football game in my life. The crowd broke the attendance record for Beaver Stadium at 110,823 people, which slightly confuses me how that is possible if our listed capacity is 106,572. However I am happy to be a part of that record so it matters not.

I was in the student section for the game and I happened to be standing next to a Michigan fan, probably around the same age as me, and he was visiting friends here at Penn State and bought a ticket to the game. During the game I could not believe some of the things my fellow Penn Staters were yelling at this Michigan fan. The verbal abuse was uncalled for and very unsightly. It made me feel embarrassed to call myself a student here at Penn State. The insults died down in the third quarter as Penn State pulled away from Michigan however it did not excuse the earlier behavior. I know that drunk college sports fans, especially students, are typically not the most reasonable people, however, I do not believe this excuses this type of behavior. In the future if I see this happening I will tell my fellow fans that they are not representing their school the way they should, and that the love of sports should not be more important than treating others respectfully.