As we get back into the groove of things after our week off, I wanted to reflect a bit on my Thanksgiving Break: I did absolutely nothing and it was delightful. I know a lot of my blogs have to do with me being so overwhelmed with how much work I have because I like to whine a lot, but I was in a nice little routine in the weeks leading up to Thanksgiving. I had adopted that new work ethic routine that I spoke about in my previous blog and was just plowing through work like a machine, right up until that first snow day. With all my assignments for break completed, I guess my body decided that it had had enough, and the vast majority of my break consisted of me napping and watching movies. I usually make it a point to actually do things and stay active over breaks because if I don’t I feel like a bum, but not this time. I caught up on ALL the sleep I’d been missing out on, and it was glorious. The best part is that with these next three weeks looking like an absolute whirlwind of final projects and preparing for final exams, I actually feel well-rested and ready to tackle everything. I’d been doing pretty well before break, but the amount of sleeping I did over break tells me that my body was definitely getting tired, literally, of the my routine. In past years, I would’ve felt guilty about doing absolutely nothing for an entire week, but sleeping, eating, and spending time with the family is just what the doctor ordered this year.

I also think it is interesting how my perception of finals week has changed. Freshman and sophomore year, I’d get all freaked out coming back from Thanksgiving break; finals week legitimately terrified me. Maybe it’s just a normal part of progressing through college, but it’s not that stressful for me (yet) this year. Maybe as I get closer to actually having to turn things in and study for exams I’ll start freaking out a bit more, but so far it seems that there’s so much going on I don’t really have time to pause and think about how much I have to do, which I think in the end will be beneficial. Then, I’ll have almost a month to sleep again, and we get to do it all over again in the spring.