As this semester slowly but surely wraps up, I have learned a valuable lesson of being open to the possibility of change. Within the past couple of weeks, I have experienced major changes in my future, friend groups, and academics. All of these changes have carried some type of emotional impact on me, mostly quite confrontational. I felt as if I could hardly catch up with the world around me.

Through all of these intensities, I have been looking for some sort of solace, some sort of center to bring me back to a place I know. I try to take a second and step back to process the emotions I feel because of the changes happening and seeing how I can “go with the flow” and learn from the changes. Most times I find solace through meditation and music. In ways it allows me to leave my mind yet delve deeper into it. I think as a college student, especially as finals week gets closer, it is important for us to find positive spaces for us to remove ourselves from the chaos.

Now, all of the changes that I am experiencing aren’t all bad. I have just become the Vice President of the Student Film Organization and I have recently found out that I will be a part of Penn State’s Hollywood program for my senior spring semester. Having the opportunity to make this club that I care so much about better through a leadership role is absolutely amazing. Also, being able to actualize a part of my “beginning my life in LA” plan is astounding. It also helps motivate me to keep pushing through with my academics.

However, I must admit I am excited for this semester to wrap up!