I am running for president of APA Division 35 – Society for Psychology of Women

There are many challenges facing the division, reflecting issues in APA, the profession, the country, and the globe. I have demonstrated the academic credentials and varieties of experience as a faculty member and administrator to meet these challenges. These include my strengths in creative and collaborative leadership, in commitment to diversity and community engagement, and in skillful technology application and data-driven planning. I am an SPW and SPSSI fellow. I have served since 2011 on the SPW Executive Committee as treasurer, and since 2013 as chair of the Finance Committee. I instituted monthly FC meetings using video conferencing, one example of how I would regularly communicate to the division. In my teaching, research, and service, I have a demonstrated commitment to ensuring that all voices are acknowledged and respected. I work in an interdisciplinary environment in which my colleagues and I have been dedicated to engaging our students and ourselves in global human rights issues that also impact local communities. A key strength of mine is recognizing and nurturing talent in others, and mentoring and supporting students and colleagues. I invite all here to learn more and to engage in dialog (see also the Teaching International blog and site). We can make a difference when working together, when there is respect, communication, and transparency in the process. I would be honored to have the opportunity to serve the discipline, and the community, and to share the vision that our feminist values can be a blueprint for the greater good of all peoples.