Penn State: Week Two

Week two of being a Nittany Lion proves to be more difficult than I had thought. The argument of high school being easier to procrastinate your work, rather than college, is true . In my own personal experience, college schoolwork more or less becomes a part of your everyday lifestyle. My credibility as a new college student allows me to state my opinion on the basis that I have successfully graduated from high school, and two weeks into college I have already done more work than I have in the last semester of high school. The HUB and the lounge in my dorm hall are two of the places that I go frequently to study. The HUB offers a variety of dining options mixed with a more stress free environment. You can easily study with friends there while looking out over the balcony at all of the tour groups. Many other freshman also enjoy this spot, which adds supporting evidence to my claim. You frequently hear the eager tour guides screaming “WE ARE” and the obvious answer of “PENN STATE” being shouted while there. However, the lounge provides a more serious tone for when its time to get work done. This is also smaller and more secluded than The HUB, which has many benefits. It’s easy to meet one-on-one with someone there because there are fewer distractions. Every time I have gone to the lounge it has been very quiet with the only noise being from the dorm rooms right around it. Again, many other students living in my hall have picked up on this and also spend their time studying there. Whichever you choose to study at, I promise other freshman will be doing the same because they are learning from their own experiences as well.

One thought on “Penn State: Week Two

1. I like how your blog posts relate to life here at Penn State. I can definitely relate to studying way more than high-school. I’m glad i’m not the only one experiencing this change.