Sweet Potato Avocado “toast”

Recently I’ve been on an avocado toast kick. It started when my friend and I visited a little cafe; Ludlow Cafe, in New York. The only problem with the Avocado Toast… was the toast part. Even though it was on whole grain bread, I wasn’t fully on board with the meal. (I try to stay away from breads)

Then, a couple of weeks later, I was at a place called Green Zebra that offered Sweet Potato Avocado “toast”.  This was the “ah-ha” solution I was looking for. After taste testing it, I realized not only was it delicious, it was the perfect solution to my search.

This is a recipe I made up based on the Sweet Potato Avocado “toast” I tried at Green Zebra.

(Recipe makes about 8 slices)

Ingredients:

1 sweet potato

1 Avocado 

salt

pepper

garlic

chili flakes 

1. preheat the oven to 400 degrees
  2. slice the sweet potato the long way. The slices can be as thick or as thin as you prefer. I try to make them as thin as possible. 
  3. Line a pan with aluminum foil. Spray it with olive oil spray or some kind of non stick spray. You could also grease the aluminum foil with normal olive oil. Once you have the foil greased, place the slices of sweet potato on the foil and place the pan in the oven. Cook for 10 minutes then take them out of the oven, flip the slices over and bake for another 10 minutes or until tender.
  4. While the Sweet Potato slices are cooking, cut your avocado and remove the pit. Spoon the green part of it into a bowl and mash it. Try to get all of the clumps mashed, but it doesn’t need to be perfectly smooth. Set it aside until the sweet potato slices are finished cooking.
  5. After you remove the slices from the oven, give them a minute or two to cool. You want them to be warm when you eat it.
  6. Spoon the desired amount of avocado onto each slice of sweet potato. Then sprinkle with the desired amount of salt, pepper, garlic and chili flakes grind. *I use nature’s promise Garlic, Pepper and Chili grinder.                
  7. The Sweet Potato Avocado “toast” is now ready to eat. Enjoy!

4 thoughts on “Sweet Potato Avocado “toast””

1. Your post is very informative but you can actually add some background graphic to your blog which will help to make your blog more attractive.

2. I breathe in slowly. Food is life. I exhale, take another breath. Food is life. And that’s the problem. When you’re alive, people can hurt you. It’s easier to crawl into a bone cage or a snowdrift of confusion. It’s easier to lock everybody out.

3. It seems to me that our three basic needs, for food from Chick Fil A menuand security and love, are so mixed and mingled and entwined that we cannot straightly think of one without the others. So it happens that when I write of hunger, I am really writing about love and the hunger for it, and warmth and the love of it and the hunger for it… and then the warmth and richness and fine reality of hunger satisfied… and it is all one.