*The Alpha Sigma Lambda committee is currently in the process of determining eligibility for this year’s membership*
At the end of every spring semester, Pi Delta Chi inducts new members into Alpha Sigma Lambda. Membership in Alpha Sigma Lambda is free and offered by invitation only. If you think you meet the Membership Criteria, watch for an email to your Penn State email account in February or March.
Benefits of Membership
Members of Alpha Sigma Lambda will:
- enjoy a free, lifetime membership — part of ASL’s tradition of academic and leadership excellence for more than 60 years
- gain access to scholarship opportunities through Alpha Sigma Lambda
- celebrate their academic achievement
- have an opportunity to participate in our annual induction ceremony on the University Park campus
Staying up to date with ASL: Find out what’s going on nationally and at various chapters through Midnight Oil, ASL’s online newsletter for ASL chapters and members.
Purchasing ASL regalia: You can choose from an assortment of gifts and other items available through the Alpha Sigma Lambda store, including academic regalia, jewelry (ASL pins, charms, and more), and clothing (ASL polos and sweatshirts). Money earned from the sale of ASL products is used to help fund scholarships.
Penn State World Campus students, Continuing Education at University Park students, and resident instruction students from the University Park campus who meet the following eligibility criteria will be contacted directly by the Pi Delta Chi selection committee in spring semester regarding membership:
- You must have completed 24 credits in an undergraduate degree program from Penn State World Campus, Continuing Education at University Park, or through resident instruction at the University Park campus.
- At least 12 of your total credits should be earned in courses from the College of the Liberal Arts or deemed by the University as liberal arts courses via the transfer process.
- You must have a minimum grade-point average of 3.5. (Once you are inducted into membership, you are a lifetime member — even if your GPA drops below 3.5.)
- You must be in the highest 20% of students who meet the above criteria.