Alpha Sigma Lambda is pleased to announce that for the 2017-18 academic year we will be granting a total of twelve $3000 scholarships.
Two applicants are selected by our Pi Delta Chi committee as candidates for the Alpha Sigma Lambda Adult Student Foundation Scholarship. Their names are forwarded to the national Alpha Sigma Lambda chapter for further consideration. Winners are chosen and announced in June.
Who May Apply
To be eligible, you must:
- be enrolled in an associate or bachelor’s degree program through World Campus, Continuing Education at University Park, or resident instruction at University Park
- be currently taking World Campus, Continuing Education at University Park, or resident instruction classes toward your program of study
- have at least one semester remaining before earning an undergraduate degree
- have completed at least 24 semester hours through World Campus, Continuing Education at University Park, or resident instruction (not counting transfer credits) through fall 2016
- have at least a 3.2 GPA on all work at Penn State
How to Apply
- Complete the scholarship application and submit it along with all application materials (except official transcript) by March 31, 2017 to the Pi Delta Chi office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the address below. If sending by email, the scholarship application must be signed. If sending by mail, the scholarship application and materials must be received at the Pi Delta Chi office by March 31, 2017.
- Faculty recommendation letters may be submitted to the Pi Delta Chi office via email from an institutional email account, which is an email address ending in .edu or may be mailed to the address below.
- The cover sheet will be completed and signed by the ASL Chapter Councilor after you have submitted all of the required items.
- Pi Delta Chi will contact the selected applicants to provide instructions for submitting official transcripts.
If mailing, please send scholarship materials to:
ASL Scholarship Committee
301 Outreach Building
University Park, PA 16802