America Reads is exclusively a Federal Work-Study (FWS) program. If you don’t have FWS, don’t let this discourage you from applying. America Reads works directly with the Office of Student Aid to determine eligibility. Students who are eligible will be presented with a FWS award to work through America Reads.
- Apply online at https://psu.jobs/ (If you already have a FWS award)
- Complete the America Reads Questionnaire (If you don’t have FWS or are unsure, complete this step first)
- Be selected for and participate in an interview
- Be selected for hire, obtain clearances and documents needs to complete the I9, W4 and direct deposit paperwork
- Attend an onboarding session
- Complete start-up training and obtain health assessment and TB test results
- Be matched with a placement site