Spring Break 2015

Spring break is in 36 more days! That means its time to hit the gym and start online shopping for warm weather clothes (Unless you are anything like me, in which case, you would’ve started your online binge shopping weeks ago). I am especially excited for the upcoming break because I am taking my best friend from PSU home with me, to California. I am not from the warmest part of the state, as I live near San Francisco; however, we will be staying with one of my good friends in San Diego for half of the time. Long story short, the clothes I brought to Penn State with me to brave the snow will not suffice. So after a ridiculous amount of time (and money) spent scouring the Internet, I bring to you: The Spring Break Essentials List.

The first item you should be sure to pack is a beach bag equipped with the following items: Leave in hair conditioner, a beach towel, and disposable camera.

I included leave in hair conditioner for a few reasons. Trust me, after a long day by the ocean your hair will feel like straw without it. A quick spritz of this stuff will prevent that gross feeling, and additionally, will protect your hair from breakage when you go to brush it later. I personally use “It’s a 10 Miracle Leave-In Plus Keratin” and that stuff really does wonders.

The beach towel really goes without saying. I would recommend bringing a couple of these, as throughout the week they will get sandy. Another thing to include in this category might be a sarong, or high-waisted shorts. They always look cute accompanied by your favorite swimsuit and can be used to cover and areas one might be self conscious about.

Disposable cameras are always a great thing to bring on vacation. I bet your phone has an awesome camera; however, if you can get a hold of a water proof disposable you could get some awesome action pictures by the beach or the pool. A more expensive, but better quality, option is the GoPro.

Now, of course, clothes tend to be the most challenging thing to pack because unless you have a solid itinerary (which I never do) you could need clothes to fit a variety of events and activities. For most college spring break trips (to warm places) I would recommend bringing your favorite swimsuits, flip flops, shopping attire, dinner clothes, and lets not forget clothes to go out in at night. As of now my favorite websites to order clothes from are pretty standard, and I would love to hear any suggestions 🙂

Happy 36 days until spring break!

1 Comment on Spring Break 2015

1. OPAL-Thanakorn
    January 30, 2015 at 4:12 pm (9 years ago)

I still have no plan for my Spring Break though. Anyway, I have been in San Francisco once and it was awesome. The temperature is great, the transportation is accessible, and Thai restaurant is delicious-the best city in the US so far for me. Hopefully, we are not going to die by homework before the number of days goes to zero.