We received a grant from the New Frontiers program funded by the John Templeton Foundation to pursue the Glimpsing Heat from Alien Technologies search for extraterrestrial intelligence.
Our papers are here:
I summarized the project here, and I “slow-blogged” the basis of the project in these posts:
- Waste Heat, part I: Free-energy limited species
- Waste Heat, part II: Kardashev, Dyson, and the Byrds
- Waste Heat, part III: Climbing Kardashev’s Scale
- Science at the Speed of Twits
- Waste Heat, part IV: The Inevitability of Kardashev Civilizations
- Waste Heat, part V: Parameterizing Alien Civilizations
- Waste Heat, part VI: A “Physicists’ Definition” of Intelligence
- Waste Heat, part VII: SETI beyond the Milky Way
- Artifact SETI
- Big Spheres Around Small Stars
Paper III was published 15 April 2015. I “slow blogged” it here:
- Ĝ Paper III Part I: Searching the WISE catalogs for Type III Kardashev Civilizations
- Ĝ Paper III Part II: Our First Limits on Type III Kardashev Civilizations
- Ĝ Paper III Part III: What’s the Deal with 48 Librae?!
- Ĝ Paper III Part IV: Wherein We Sort of Find What We Were Looking For
- Ĝ Paper III Part V: Why are “Dark” and Low Surface Brightness Galaxies Dim?
- Ĝ Paper III Part VI: Five Anomalous Red Spirals—Signs of Galactoengineering?
- Ĝ Paper III Part VII: What’s next for Ĝ?