In Order To Ball On A Budget You Have To Create One

Creating a budget is not as bad as it may sound. Its honestly just spending less than you bring in and planning ahead for certain cost that you know might come up.

I began budgeting because I needed to figure out how to live the lifestyle I want on the limited income that I have, while still putting aside funds for the important stuff in life like rent, utilities, and groceries.

smart+piggy+bank cash-and-coins-640

The first step is adding together all of your financial obligations such as groceries, utilities, phone bills, rent, Netflix, etc. The next step is identifying all of your sources of income and combining them to see how much money you receive every month. Then subtract all of your finances from your income, which helps you figure out how much you have left over. Lastly, create a goal on how much you would like to save and spend per month and always be realistic or this will not work.images

I had to re-do this twice because I wasn’t honest with myself and completely blew my budget the first time. I had to learn to be really flexible with myself and not create a strict budget plan.

Once you have your allocated spending budget, I can teach you how to ball on that budget. This blog is not about spending carefully or pointing the finger at you for overspending. Instead of splurging and having to dip into your savings, this blog is a guide on how to use your excess funds accordingly. I know how easy it is to overspend living in a college town. The best way to make sure you’re not splurging is by finding the best quality deals and that’s what I call balling on a budget.

money-pf

Hope you enjoyed my tips!

BALL ON!

1 Comment on In Order To Ball On A Budget You Have To Create One

1. Emma Goodson
    April 23, 2015 at 3:40 pm (9 years ago)

It definitely is a struggle in college to figure out what your budget is and stick to it with all the surrounding pressures of shopping, eating out, and going out. I can’t wait to see what tips you have for smartly using our excess spending money so that we aren’t just wasting it.