The Pennsylvania State University, University Park Campus, June 6 – 8, 2018
Last updated on Feb 18, 2018
Registration is now open here. Early registration will end March 16, 2018.
Registration fees (includes scientific program June 6-8, 2018, food and drinks during coffee breaks, and reception on June 5, 2018):
Symposium (faculty): $300 (early) / $350 (regular)
Symposium (postdoc): $100 (early) / $150 (regular)
Symposium (graduate student): $100 (early) / $150 (regular)
Symposium (undergraduate student): $50 (early) / $100 (regular)
Student/postdoc speakers during the symposium:
There will be 6 shorter student/postdoc talks during the symposium. Speakers will be selected from abstracts. While we plan to select one student/postdoc speaker for each session, we will chose the best abstracts and will adjust the program accordingly, if needed. Please prepare your abstract using this template and submit it by Friday, March 16 as described on the abstract submission site.
We encourage all attendees to present their research during the poster session. Please prepare your abstract using this template and submit it by Friday, May 4 as described on the abstract submission site. Details about poster dimensions can be found at the abstract submission site.
Program (click here for a pdf copy with the tentative program):
The workshop will feature the following scientific program:
- Plenary lectures presented by Marcetta Darensbourg (Texas A&M University), Amy Rosenzweig (Northwestern University), and Donald Hilvert (ETH Zürich, Switzerland)
- “Bioinorganic Test Cases” with presentations by JoAnne Stubbe (Massachusetts Institute of Technology), Frank Neese (Max Planck Institute for Chemical Energy Conversion, Germany ), Lance Seefeldt (Utah State University), and Michael Green (University of California, Irvine)
- Session “Radical SAM Enzymes” with presentations by Mohammad Seyedsayamdost (Princeton University), Vahe Bandarian (University of Utah), Kenichi Yokoyama (Duke University), Tyler Grove (Albert Einstein College of Medicine), and a student/postdoc speaker
- Session “Bioenergy and Spectroscopy” with presentations by Petra Fromme (Arizona State University), Michael Marletta (University of California, Berkeley), Thomas Brunold (University of Wisconsin, Madison), Nicholas Cox (Max Planck Institute for Chemical Energy Conversion, Germany), and a student/postdoc speaker
- Session “Bioinorganic Chemistry of Methanogenesis” with presentations by Daniel Rothman (Massachusetts Institute of Technology), Steven Mansoorabadi (Auburn University), and a student/postdoc speaker
- Session “New Cofactors and Reactions” with presentations by Emily Balskus (Harvard University), Robert Hausinger (Michigan State University), and a student/postdoc speaker
- Session “Cell Biology of Metals” with presentations by Sabeeha Merchant (University of California, Los Angeles), Nigel Robinson (Durham University, UK), and a student/postdoc speaker
- Session”Bioinspired Catalysis” with presentations by Connie Lu (University of Minnesota), Theodore Betley (Harvard University), and a student/postdoc speaker