The Marble Caves PAS #6

caves-0001

Patagonia is the most famous region of Chile. It offers the most gorgeous and dramatic landscapes that one could experience. Chile is built up of an array of islands, mountains, and glaciers. The place that really struck my eye was The Marble Caves that are actually located in Patagonia. Even though I’ve never seen them in person, the pictures are breathtaking; Truly one of nature’s greatest creations, in my opinion. The Marble Caves It is a unique geological formation featuring a group of caverns, tunnels and pillars created in monoliths of marble. They were formed by 6,000-plus years of waves washing up against calcium carbonate. The smooth, swirling shades of blue of the cavern walls are a reflection of the lake’s bright waters, which change in intensity and hue, depending on water levels and time of year. The Marble Caves are partially submerged in the waters of Carrera Lake. The lake itself is on the border of Argentina and Chile, with the caves located on the Chilean side. The caves are comprised of three main caverns: the Chapel (La Capilla), the Cathedral (El Catedral), and the Cave (La Cueva). I would like to visit these caves for a couple of different reasons. The first one being that they are beautiful, of course. The second being I’ve always wanted to travel to Chile and Argentina to explore these lands and culture. I went to Argentina when I was very little, but I barely remember anything, so naturally, I want to go to regain some memory and make new memories of my own. South America is truly a wonderful place to visit and experience. I’m actually going to Peru this summer to Machu Picchu. You never know, maybe I’ll stop by the Marble Caves while I’m in South America!

00008913_medium

This entry was posted in Passion and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to The Marble Caves PAS #6

1. Pingback: lustra piotrków

2. Pingback: lustra

3. Pingback: 見る者を魅了する青い絶景マーブルケイブがファンタジー! | 旅ガイド PHOTRIP

4. Seamus says:

Those look amazing. It reminds me of my vacation to Mexico where I go to swim in underground cenotes. It was amazing and the water felt so clean on my skin. These caves look even more beautiful and I’d love to visit them sometime.