WordPress offers an app for use on iPhones, iPads and other devices which can be used to manage your site on Sites at Penn State. You can download this app by searching for WordPress in the Apple App Store.
Authenticating the WordPress app with Sites at Penn State requires you to first generate an API Key which will be used as your password in the WordPress app.
- Go to your Sites at Penn State dashboard profile page.
- Scroll to the bottom to locate the section titled API Keys
- Press the button that says Get a new API key. This will display a text box which contains your new key to be used for the WordPress app. Copy down this key to a document for safe keeping, since you will not be able to recover this key.
Now that we have generated an API Key, we can now authenticate with Sites at Penn State using the WordPress app.
- If you haven’t already, download and install the official WordPress for iOS app. You can find this in the App Store by searching for “WordPress”
- Open the WordPress app on your device.
- Read through the intro text or skip to the sign in screen
- At the sign in screen enter your Penn State WebAccess ID in the “Username / Email” field, the API Key created in the steps above as the password, and “sites.psu.edu” as the site address.
- After pressing “Sign In” you will be shown a list of your sites on Sites at Penn State. Check the box next to the sites you wish to manage. If you later create or are added to a new site, you will be able to add a site again by re-authenticating with you API Key.
- You can now manage your sites using the iOS app!
You are now authenticated to use the iOS App with Sites at Penn State.