Penn State On-campus Housing
CALPER is working together with the Housing department of The Pennsylvania State University to bring affordable housing options to our workshop participants. Penn State reserved a block of rooms for educators at East View Terrace for the week of the workshops.2018 Information will become available February 1, 2018. For planning purposes, read through the 2017 offers.
East View Terrace: 2017
- Nightly Rate: $70
- Residence Halls opened in August 2004
- Single rooms, air-conditioned and private bath
- Complimentary breakfast provided
- Parking in the Eisenhower Parking Deck ($7 per day) about a 15 minute walk to the CALPER Office and Workshop location
- Included are bed linens, soap, towels, small microwave/refrigerator and local telephone service
- East View Terrace Website for an overview of the housing complex
If you are ready to reserve a room with Penn State Housing:
- Go to https://psu.irisregistration.com
- Create an account (free), or sign in with your existing account, or with your Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Yahoo account
- In the field provided after you signed in, enter the code CALPER2017
- Read Penn State Housing Information for East Hall and follow the instructions to reserve a room.
- When finished, log out of your account.
Hotels in State College
Nittany Lion Inn – On campus hotel
- Rates: Sunday, June 18 – Saturday, June 24, 2017 = $112 per night plus tax (single occupancy). Please use the Group Code: LING17A when making your reservation, online or by phone. You will need to reserve your room by May 18, 2017, in order to receive the group rate.
- Please note: Individual cancellations not received (14) days prior to arrival are subject to a 100% cancellation fee. All individual reservation cancellations
within 24 hours of arrival date are subject to a cancellation charge equivalent to one night stay. No shows will be charged.
- On-site parking. Walk to workshop location
- Airport shuttle service
- Contact: 814-865-8500; Toll-free phone: 1-800-233-7505; Fax: 814-865-8501;
- Web: http://www.nittanylioninn.psu.edu/
Days Inn Penn State – one block from campus
- 2017 Rates: Sunday, June 18 – Thursday, June 22, 2017 = $94 per night plus tax (single occupancy). Friday June 23, 2017 = $134 per night plus tax (single occupancy). Please use the group code “CGAPLY” when making your reservations. You will need to reserve your room by May 18, 2017, in order to receive the special rate. Cancellations not received 72 hours prior to stay are subject to a cancellation fee of 100% of all anticipated charges. No shows will be charged.
- On-site parking. Walk to workshop location.
- Airport shuttle service
- Contact: 814-238-8454; Toll-free phone: 1-800-258-3297; Fax: 814-234-3377
- Web: https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/hotels/state-college-pennsylvania?brand_id=DI
Additional Hotel within a short walking Distance: The Atherton Hotel
There are a number of additional hotels available within a short driving distance.
For a complete list of accommodations in State College and area consult the information provided by the Central Pennsylvania Visitor’s Guide.