Penn State On-campus Housing
CALPER is working together with the Housing department of The Pennsylvania State University to bring affordable housing options to our workshop participants. Penn State reserved a block of rooms for educators at East View Terrace for the week of the workshops.
East View Terrace: 2018
- Nightly Rate: $73
- Residence Halls opened in August 2004
- Single rooms, air-conditioned and private bath
- Complimentary breakfast provided
- Parking in the Eisenhower Parking Deck ($7 per day) about a 15 minute walk to the CALPER Office and Workshop location
- Included are bed linens, soap, towels, small microwave/refrigerator and local telephone service
- You will have to make your reservation online by June 2, 2018
- East View Terrace Website for an overview of the housing complex
If you are ready to reserve a room with Penn State Housing:
- Go to Penn State Housing registration page.
- Create an account (free), or sign in with your existing account, or with your Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Yahoo account
- Use the form code: 2018calper to start registration
- Read Penn State Housing Information for Eastview Terrace and follow the instructions to reserve a room.
- When finished, log out of your account.
Hotels in State College
Nittany Lion Inn – On campus hotel
- Rates: $120 per night plus tax (single occupancy). Please use the Group Code: “SUMM18C” when making your reservation, online or by phone.
- Please note: Individual cancellations not received (14) days prior to arrival are subject to a 100% cancellation fee. All individual reservation cancellations within 24 hours of arrival date are subject to a cancellation charge equivalent to one night stay. No shows will be charged.
- On-site parking. Walk to workshop location
- Airport shuttle service
- Contact: 814-865-8500; Toll-free phone: 1-800-233-7505; Fax: 814-865-8501;
- Web: http://www.nittanylioninn.psu.edu/
Days Inn Penn State – one block from campus
- 2018 Rates: Sunday- Thursday (June 17-June 21, June 24- June 28, 2018) = $94 per night plus tax (single occupancy). Friday – Saturday (June 22- June 23, 2018)= $124 per night plus tax (single occupancy). Please use the group code “CGCLPR” when making your reservations. You will need to reserve your room by May 17, 2018, in order to receive the special rate. Cancellations not received 72 hours prior to stay are subject to a cancellation fee of 100% of all anticipated charges. No shows will be charged.
- On-site parking. Walk to workshop location.
- Airport shuttle service
- Contact: 814-238-8454; Toll-free phone: 1-800-258-3297; Fax: 814-234-3377
- Web: https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/hotels/state-college-pennsylvania?brand_id=DI