我想吃!

你好朋友!Or as they say in English, HELLO FRIENDS, and be prepared for your taste buds to explode in overflowing thirst of China.

I am Chinese. I eat Chinese food. I know what is good and what isn’t good Chinese food. After seventeen years, eleven months, and twenty six days of my life feeding on mother’s homemade Chinese cuisine, my sense of authenticity in Chinese food is perhaps one of the most skilled in the entire universe, and Pluto. Please disregard the 1,344,130,000 individuals who are inhabiting China.

Fine, I may not be the most skilled, but I do view myself as a demi-connoisseur  of Chinese cuisine. I also find joy in watching others enjoy food. While carefully observing someone takes their time to savour the flavors, mingle with the textures, and leave satisfied with each swallow, I can’t help but slide a sly smile on my face. I reach the peak of my happiness because for some reason eating vicariously through others is more pleasurable than eating the food myself. So 欢迎 or welcome to this blog, the blog where you (hopefully) enjoy the authentic unknown dishes of China, and I sit and watch you enjoy it! HOW MUCH MORE FUN CAN THIS BE?  My goal is to dethrone General Tso and clean up the lo mein messes, and introduce true, but hidden, delicacies that only a demi-connoisseur like myself would have knowledge of.

BUT WAIT IT’S NOT OVER YET. Each dish I introduce will be paired with a proper song to go with it. Like a good wine that pairs best with a specific pasta, we need good music that fits the mood of a Chinese dish, because each dish has its own character: sweet, spicy, sassy, or full of ‘tude, you name it. My motherland has it.

So I leave this blog hoping your mouths are watering, but please don’t try to crave your desires with Panda Express (although gotta admit, that Orange Chicken is great). To get you into the Chinese spirit, here is the Chinese national anthem! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0 *

*Actually the Korean National Anthem…

**Not actually though..

EAT ME.

This entry was posted in Passion Blog and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to 我想吃!

1. Anna Chen says:

First off, you are hilarious. The sarcasm is just right and I can really sense who you are through your humor. 🙂 Why aren’t there more comments on your blog?! Personal connection- as a quarter-asian, I like to consider myself a knowledgeable master of all things Chinese, but this is [so] not true. My mom, who’s white, makes the stir-fry at home. I’m looking forward to reading your blog not only for a good laugh but for (maybe?) a history lesson and learning about the culture… THROUGH FOOOOOD!

Also… my friends and I are obsessed with Girl’s Generation (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7mPqycQ0tQ) so it’s impossible for me not to love your “Chinese National Anthem”.