Uncategorized

Top Gun All Stars

maxresdefault

Top Gun All Stars is incredibly famous and talented.  The gym breeds amazing athletes, and many move on to cheer for amazing college teams.  Top Gun is also my personal favorite all-star cheerleading gym.  I have met the owner and many athletes from Top Gun when they came to my cheerleading gym for summer camps.  They are some of the most real and down to earth people I have ever met in the cheerleading industry.  Top Gun is located in Miami, Florida.  The gym’s current Worlds medal count is 16 with 8 World Champion titles.  Top Gun is very famous for their fresh and innovated choreography.  Top Gun is most famous for OO5, Lady Jags, and Large Coed.

OO5

OO5 competes in the International Coed 5 division.  OO5 is also known as Omar’s Open 5.  This team is truly inspirational.  Omar was a former athlete from Top Gun who was killed in a car accident two years ago.  The athletes of this team have dedicated themselves to Omar’s memory.  Each time they perform, they perform for Omar and all the other fallen Jags.  They choose to honor Omar as a hero and beloved friend.  OO5’s music has said the names of all the fallen athletes, and their routine is dedicated to honoring those who fell too soon.  This year OO5 placed 4th at the Cheerleading Worlds.  The video below is not of a winning World’s performance.  It is from a smaller competition in 2013, but the music and routine have so much more meaning behind it than just cheerleading.  I encourage you to take the time to really listen.

Lady Jags

Lady Jags compete in the Medium All Girl division.  This team is usually out-shined by OO5 and Large Coed.  However this year, the team proved to be truly exceptional and surprised everyone by finishing 1st at Worlds in 2014.  Their award winning performance can be viewed below.

Large Coed

Large Coed is Top Gun’s most famous team.  Its many cheerlebrities have gone on to cheer at so many colleges around the country.  Large Coed has dominated their division for the last four years, bringing home 3 Worlds titles since 2010 and always placing top three.  This year, Large Coed remained undefeated and won the first ever triple crown.  This means the team finished first as the three most prestigious cheerleading competitions: UCA, NCA and Cheersport Nationals.  Large Coed also finished first at the Cheerleading Worlds in 2014.  My favorite Top Gun performance is from 2010, and it can be viewed below.

Standard

One thought on “Top Gun All Stars

1. Ilayda Jinjee Orankoy says:

It’s cool that you have such a unique perspective on Top Gun. I, personally, have never watched it, but I’ll be sure to give it a try sometime in the future.