The Modern City: Shanghai

The last stop we traveled to is the modern city: Shanghai. We lived in a hotel very close to the center of the city and lots of famous streets. Shanghai is a much more international city compare to the other places we have been visited. You can see foreigners everywhere, and most of them come here for business, according to  the conversation I had with some of them. What most Chinese people have on mind is that they want to go abroad for better job opportunity and education. However, what I saw in Shanghai is that people from all over the world come here for business, social events and even education.

The bund, the first place we went to, gave us a decent night view of the modern city. It was always so crowded with visitors, and we could see all the tall buildings across from the river. We also visited the financial center building, the tallest building in the world. I couldn’t even capture the whole building with my phone on the ground. We took the  fast speed elevator to the observatory on the top of the building and had an amazing view of Shanghai city. What’s more, some part  of the floor were transparent, so we can look at the group from all the way at the top. It was an unforgettable experience to be ‘ on the top of the world”. Another modern thing about Shanghai is people there dress in top fashions, especially in Nanjing Street.

After a week in Shanghai, I can deeply taste the modernization of Shanghai.

FullSizeRender

night view from the bund