China Reflections

Coming to China, I mainly wanted to see the many different historical sites that the country was famous for, and after those things I wasn’t really looking forward to anything. I couldn’t have been more incorrect in my assumptions that those sites would be the best things to see in China, and while they were very cool to see, I think that seeing the modern engineering projects was more worthwhile. Seeing the different projects such as the Three Gorges Dam and the Hangzhou Bay Bridge were much more interesting than seeing the historical projects.

If anyone is reading this and is thinking about taking this course, or any course that is study abroad, or is just thinking about going abroad, I say they should go. It was a life-changing experience that anyone who can take, should take. I am much more open to going international in my job and for another study abroad course, if I can possibly do it.

The final thing that I really underestimated going on this trip was the friends I was going to make on the trip. I hope to visit with all of the people I have met on the trip back in the United States.

The photo on the right is the Three Gorges Dam, and the photo on the right is the Hangzhou Bay Bridge, which are mentioned above.

IMG_0576 IMG_0784