Global Financial Center

The Global Financial Center had levels of excitement I could not explain.  I don’t think the elevator ascended high enough to describe how cool it was.  The GFC is an amazing tourist attraction, even though it only scratched the surface of the wonders of Shanghai.  It was the first time I had been in a building looking out of an entire city of rooftops.

The floor below me just added to the suspense — glass.  I could see what was directly below me, hundreds of feet below me.  It was so cool.  It almost made me forget about when I was in the elevator, and started falling down.  It caught itself, and we were only on the 5th floor when it started falling.  It could have been a lot worse, but we were fortunate.  It is an interesting elevator story I live to tell!

We went to the gift shop, and there was a bar in the corner.  I totally wanted to have a beer on the highest building in the world, but they were so expensive, and I am… well… so cheap.

I was happy to get on the elevator, and descend safely.  It was a good time, and I would join this program if I could do it all over again.