Beijing

37154696943855686

Beijing is my hometown, and I have a really strong feeling of Beijing. In any aspect, Beijing is one of the best cities in the world. It has a large population and a huge territory, but those are nothing compare with the rich history that Beijing had in the past two thousand years.

Beijing has everything that a big city has, and even more. Beijing was the capital of six dynasties, and sever continuous as the capital of China for four hundred years. The Forbidden City was the palace of the emperor, and summer palace was the garden that built for the emperor. Beijing had the most preserved parts of great wall. You can easily get a huge amount of information about these historical views, but seeing them by your own eye is always different from reading books or watch a video documentary.

However, a simple one-week tour can’t really help people understand and learn about the unique culture of Beijing. People in Beijing are different to any other Chinese, they had their own philosophy of life. I believe that people of Beijing saw too many changes in the past four hundred years, they saw dynasties failed, powerful people dead. They understand that no matter what happened in the Forbidden City or who will rule the empire tomorrow doesn’t matter to them, life goes on and on. People in Beijing simply seek for a peaceful life without seeking for power or luxury. Someone might say that is laziness, but I believe it is wisdom that no one else would understand.

Beijing also have good foods, and many other amazing things that remain unknown to most of the tourist. It is fair to say that Beijing is a city that worth to live for one or a half-year. I live in Beijing for almost 20 years, but it still surprise me sometimes.

By Lichen Zheng

2016/5/20