Chinese Drivers

I can now admit that for the longest time I was completely wrong in stereotyping Chinese drivers as terrible drivers. Little did I know that it takes three times, if not more, skill to drive in China. Despite the fact that we were in two car crashes while on the bus, its okay because most people just keep it moving. There was only about one or two really huge crashes that I saw so I guess thats inspiring. I have never seen someone drive like our bus driver did on the hill down to the cruise. An inch or two separated us getting there safe to being about five feet deep off the road. Not only that, but our drivers in Dalian were insanely skillful. They would be casually hitting about 80-100 swerving in and out of traffic. Not only that but they would even hold conversations. One night in Shanghai our cab driver was easily hitting 100 not caring at all. I envy it because I want to drive like that. I can only imagine how stressful it is coming to America and having to wait and then barely go over 25-35 in some areas. Let alone the fact that you can’t just pull random U-turns, or drive directly across an intersection. Most drivers very rarely care for the pedestrians walking either… there has been numerous times where I’ve been inches to being run over. I’ve come to know that its just a cultural thing because when it happens to the Chinese people they just keep it moving. If it were in the US most people would throw something or yell at the driver.

Jordan Gitzen jcg5471