Save time for things you love

It’s a Monday, the weekend is over, and there’s a long week ahead. You probably have a thousand things on your mind right now about work and school, and if you’re like me, all you want to do is take a long nap and binge watch your favorite show on Netflix.

While there is so much going on in our lives, it’s important to take the time to think about what really matters. We do things every day that seem so small, yet when all added together, we spend a great deal of our lives doing things as simple as brushing our teeth.

I stumbled upon this video on Facebook one day and it’s been one of my personal favorites ever since. I first watched this video during a time when I was feeling really stressed about a number of things, and at the time it reminded me to take a deep breath and to spend more time doing things that make me happy.

Using 28,835 jellybeans, this video shows how much time the average person spends doing various activities and behaviors throughout their lifetime. It’s crazy how much time we spend doing things like shopping, cleaning, and watching TV, and after we spend all that time doing everyday activities, there are only 2,740 beans left. What we do with the remaining beans is ultimately up to us.

Tell me how you want to spend yours by commenting below!

2 Comments on Save time for things you love

1. Morgan Guarino
    December 12, 2015 at 2:58 pm (8 years ago)

This is one of my favorite videos! I saw it last year and it really made me think about life differently, as cliche as it seems. A visual representation like this puts things in to perspective. It made me want to spend my last 2,740 jelly beans happy. It’s as simple as that, I just want to spend my remaining time happy with myself, happy with how I treat others, happy with my job and happy with who I’ve chosen to surround myself with.

2. cmo5216
    December 9, 2015 at 7:00 pm (8 years ago)

Katie,

I really loved this video you posted along with your blog. Especially that finals are coming up right around the corner, we tend to get lost in our world of studying and work, and forget about everything else in our lives. Of course it’s extremely important to devote time to our studies, but it is also equally as important to make sure we are happy and doing things we love simultaneously. To answer your question regarding what I would do with the remaining beans or days I have left, I would spend as much time as I could with my friends, family and pets and traveling to as many new and interesting places that I have the opportunity to.

-Claire