We are looking for highly qualified and passionate team players!
Numerous publication ideas and resources are here but still looking for funding for a postdoc at this time!
Graduate student positions
A PhD student who will work on:
- Thermal measurements and electro-thermal modeling of electronic devices based on wide bandgap semiconductors.
- The student will not only take mechanical engineering courses but also electrical engineering, micro-fabrication, physics, and materials science classes.
- Applicants proficient in Matlab, LabVIEW, and FEA modeling (control systems will be a plus) are preferred.
Semester and summer research opportunities for undergraduates
Looking for an undergraduate researcher or MS student who will write a thesis on thermal characterization of GaN light emitting diodes (LEDs).
Group members are expected to broaden their knowledge by taking courses / training in the following areas (after you join):
- Thermal science
- Electronic circuits
- Semiconductor device physics
- MEMS / microelectronics fabrication
- Solid state physics
- Material characterization
- COMSOL Multiphysics
- Sentaurus TCAD