We are looking for highly qualified, passionate team players!
Numerous publication ideas and resources are here but still looking for funding for a postdoc at this time!
Graduate student positions
Looking for a highly motivated PhD student who will work on:
- Thermal measurements and electro-thermal modeling of electronic devices based on wide bandgap and/or 2-D semiconductors.
- The student will not only take mechanical engineering courses but also electrical engineering, micro-fabrication, physics, and materials science classes.
- Applicants proficient in Matlab, LabVIEW, and FEA modeling (control systems will be a plus) are preferred.
- This work will be something very new, very challenging, and very rewarding!
Semester and summer research opportunities for undergraduates
Looking for an undergraduate researcher or MS student who will write a thesis on thermal characterization of GaN light emitting diodes (LEDs).
The undergraduate researcher will team with a graduate student and will actively participate in experiments and data processing that will lead to publications in prestigious scientific journals.
Group members are expected to broaden their knowledge by taking courses / training in the following areas (after you join):
- Thermal science
- Electronic circuits
- Semiconductor device physics
- MEMS / microelectronics fabrication
- Solid state physics
- Material characterization
- COMSOL Multiphysics
- Sentaurus TCAD