We are looking for highly qualified, passionate team players!
Graduate student positions
Looking for a highly motivated PhD student who will work on:
- Thermal measurements on 2-D layered semiconductors.
- Electro-thermal modeling of 2-D field-effect transistors based on MoS2, WS2, WSe2, and phosphorene.
- The 2-D technology is the key to enable sub-5nm scale ultra-efficient computing systems beyond the current state-of-the-art.
- The student will not only take mechanical engineering courses but also electrical engineering, micro-fabrication, physics, and materials science classes. No particular experience on 2-D systems is necessary.
- Applicants with prior experience in Matlab, LabVIEW, control systems, and FEA modeling are preferred.
- This work will be something very new, very challenging, and very rewarding!
Semester and summer research opportunities for undergraduates
We are also looking for undergraduate researchers who can devote themselves to the 2-D research described above.
The undergraduate researcher will team with a graduate student and will actively participate in experiments and data processing that will lead to novel publications in prestigious scientific journals.
Group members are expected to broaden their knowledge by taking courses / training in the following areas (after you join):
- Thermal science
- Electronic circuits
- Semiconductor device physics
- MEMS / microelectronics fabrication
- Solid state physics
- Material characterization
- COMSOL Multiphysics
- Sentaurus TCAD