Hazing… Don’t Put Yourself In Danger

Pledging for sororities and fraternities has always been a part of the college life. Many people find that it offers many different opportunities,  creates a life-long brother/sisterhood, and that it’s fun. I must admit, it can offer all of those things, but it could also include hazing during the pledging stage. Which can be very painful, unsafe, and illegal.

Hazing comes in many different forms. It may include binge drinking, paddling, beating, etc. This post isn’t made to convince college students not to pledge. This is simply to encourage you to be safe while doing whatever you decide to do in college, and I know that many students will decide to pledge for a sorority/fraternity.

With that being said, make sure you are smart about it. If someone is making you do something you don’t want to do , make sure you know your limits. You should always try to get out of dangerous situations before it’s too late. I understand that you may have always had the dream of being a part of a specific sorority/fraternity, but if you feel that you are in danger, then it may not be worth it.

3 responses to “Hazing… Don’t Put Yourself In Danger

1. Great post Chelcey! This was a large reason why I decided not to rush, I don’t want to be treated like that to have to “become a brother!” Dumb! People are frequently hurt emotionally and physically by this so I’m glad you brought it to light!

2. This is a very good warning Chelcey. I agree, people should watch out for themselves and if they feel uncomfortable or in danger, they should get out of it. Hazing can be dangerous and we should be warned about it. Great post!

3. This is super interesting! I actually didn’t rush this semester because hazing scared me, and now i’m glad i didn’t! Thanks Chelcey, keepin’ watch for us GDI’s 😉
    Good blog, very well written!