Faculty and Staff,
Our annual College-wide Picnic is scheduled for Friday, April 27, from 12:00-1:30 PM at the Pegula Ice Arena on University Drive. The time is set to accommodate as many schedules as possible. Please note the following details regarding transportation and menu.
Non-stop bus shuttle will run from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. behind Hammond Building to Pegula Ice Arena and return.
LUNCHEON TAILGATE BUFFET
- Homemade Chili
- Grilled Hamburgers with Potato Rolls, Cheddar Cheese, Sliced Tomatoes, Pickles, Lettuce, Onions & Condiments
- All Beef Frankfurters with Chopped onions, Relish & Hot Dog Rolls
- Assorted Wraps, including Vegetarian
- Chef’s Selection of Fresh Fruit
- Marinated Vegetable Salad, Pasta Salad & a Gourmet Prepared Salad
- Hard Pretzels & Potato Chips
- Creamery Ice Cream Station
- Freshly Brewed Coffee, Decaffeinated Coffee, Hot Tea & Soda
Due to cost implications, I ask that you please RSVP your attendance at the following link by Monday, April 23, at 5:00 PM: pennstate.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5bUFGoDdmsRP3GR.
You’re invited to a discussion on tech-facilitated lawyering; the role of artificial intelligence in law, technology, and access to justice; and AI-enhanced lawyers and law students.
Thomas Hamilton, vice president of strategy and operations at ROSS Intelligence, will be at University Park on April 17 to demo EVA, ROSS Intelligence’s new publicly accessible legal AI. A hands-on demonstration and reception will follow the talk and Penn State students are also encouraged to register for one of several small-group demos.
All events are complimentary and will be held in the Lewis Katz Building.
- 12:45 p.m. – EVA Unveiling – Sutliff Auditorium
- 1:15 p.m. – Hands-On Pop-Up Demo and Reception – Commons
- 2:30-4:05 p.m. – 15-Minute Small Group Demos for Students – Room 252
The talk, pop-up demo, and reception are open to the public, but advance registration is required.
Sponsored by the Penn State College of Engineering, Penn State Information Technology, and Penn State Law.
The College of Engineering Research Computing Committee met on March 29, 2018.
Click here to download the meeting minutes »
The 2018 Adobe Design Achievement Awards are now accepting submissions, and I would like you to encourage your students to submit work they created using Adobe Creative Cloud into this competition.
Since fall, when all faculty and students were given free access to the Adobe desktop and mobile applications for design, photography, video and web, we have seen many examples of their creative work. This international competition is a wonderful opportunity to showcase that work in its three categories — fine arts, commercial, and social impact.
Winners in each category will receive a trip to Adobe MAX 2018: The Creativity Conference in Los Angeles, along with a VIP experience designed to help launch their creative career while at MAX.
Along with the big prize for category winners, all semifinalists, finalists, and winners will receive official digital certificates from Adobe celebrating their competition achievements. All entrants will receive online badges for LinkedIn and Facebook issued by Credly and authorized by Adobe. As you know, badges and certificates are excellent indicators of students’ achievements to put on their résumés as they look for their next internship or start their careers after graduation.
Please share these key dates with your students, as well as the attached message from me to encourage them to enter this competition. I believe the work of our students will stand up well in this competition.
- EARLY BIRD DEADLINE: Tuesday, April 24
- EARLY BIRD SEMIFINALISTS ANNOUNCED: Friday, May 25
- FINAL SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Monday, June 4
- SECOND SEMIFINALISTS ANNOUNCED: Friday, July 20
- FINAL JUDGING WEEKEND IN SAN FRANCISCO: Friday–Saturday, August 10–11
- WINNERS/FINALISTS ANNOUNCED: Friday, August 24
- WINNERS’ EXPERIENCE AT ADOBE MAX: Saturday–Wednesday, October 13–17
More information about the awards can be found at www.adobeawards.com.
Posters to be printed and displayed around your department can be found at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1RR6sP6kYFqLi2FdRhDc1Q6OlnAG7X90Y.
Vice President for Information Technology and Chief Information Officer