Doctoral Candidate Advisers: If you will be attending the Summer Commencement Ceremony at University Park with your student(s), please read the attached Instructions for Doctoral Candidate Advisers.
Thursday, July 5
- Deadline to submit a request for a memorial statement to be included in the Summer 18 Commencement Program. Please email all requests to email@example.com.
Friday, July 6
- Date to update Master’s culminating experiences
Tuesday, July 10
- Deadline for master’s and doctoral students who are writing a thesis/dissertation to upload it on the eTD site and to submit their supporting materials to the Office of Theses and Dissertations.
- Deadline for DMA students to pass their final performance.
- Deadline for DNP students to pass their final oral presentation.
Friday, July 13
- Date that the Office of the University Registrar sends the commencement data to Document Services for printing the commencement program — please verify that your students who are planning to graduate this summer have applied to graduate on LionPATH.
Friday, August 3
- Last day for master’s and doctoral candidates to request a letter of certification for Summer 18 (12:00 p.m.).
Friday, August 17
- Date master’s students are removed from the summer graduation list if there are outstanding grades or problems. This includes students who do not have master’s culminating experiences (excluding thesis option) updated to completed in student milestones.
As medical and scientific advancements have extended life expectancies, healthy aging is an urgent frontier for research. The burden of age-related cognitive impairment is growing exponentially — whether from Alzheimer’s Disease, vascular dysfunction, the combination of these, or other causes. These debilitating diseases are costly, both to our health care system in terms of long-term care facilities, and to individuals and their families in terms of personal and emotional toll.
The American Heart Association and the Paul G. Allen Frontiers Group (Frontiers Group) have come together to bridge a historical divide in the scientific and medical community. The current rigid distinction placed between cerebrovascular diseases and neurodegenerative diseases, once considered mutually exclusive conditions, may make it more difficult to understand and mitigate these disorders.
The Association and the Frontiers Group, together with additional contributors, including the Oskar Fischer Project, have committed over $43 million to disrupt the incremental trajectory of brain health science and open new frontiers of discovery that will improve and lengthen lives through the American Heart Association-Allen Initiative in Brain Health and Cognitive Impairment. This Initiative will identify and fund highly-promising teams of bioscience investigators pursuing creative, transformative ideas with the potential to move brain health and cognitive impairment science forward. The initiative will grant one or more competitive basic science research awards of up to $43 million over eight years.
For more information on the Initiative and how to apply, please review the AHA-Allen Initiative in Brain Health and Cognitive Impairment request for applications.
The deadline for proposals is July 6, 2018. For details on the initiative and the application process, visit professional.heart.org/CognitiveResearch.
The new Faculty Exit Report, which summarizes the feedback of exiting tenured and tenure-track faculty for 2015–2017, is available to the public. Click here to download a copy »
The Fall 2018 Strategic Plan RFP application is live and can be accessed in InfoReady.
Competition details are available on the Strategic Plan RFP website; answers to common questions can be found on the FAQ page. A Word template of the RFP questions is also available; this template allows authors to draft and save their application before submitting online via InfoReady.
Please note that the concept paper deadline has been changed to August 6. More information is available on the Strategic Plan website.
The 2018-2019 Engineering Faculty Council meeting schedule has been announced. Click here to view »
The 2017-2018 Engineering Faculty Council Agendas have been posted. Click here to view »
The 2017-2018 Engineering Faculty Council Minutes have been posted. Click here to view »