- If there is smoke, smoke alarm detects it
- ESP8266 detects this digital signal from smoke detector, connects to WiFi and sends data to a MQTT server
- Esp8266 turns itself OFF
- Try to find where on the smoke detector is the 3.3V digital signal when it detects smoke
Lets look at Kiddie RF-SM-DC
Third pin from top corner seems to send out 3.3V signal to speaker when it detects smoke
- Lets connect our previously created ESP8266 circuit that wakes from external interrupt.
- Configure Home Assistant to process MQTT message and send notifications.
Source code for this idea can be found on my GitHub: https://github.com/debsahu/Internet_Fire_Alarm