May 14

Penn State resources

Lion Shrine

A wintery Nittany Lion

  • The Office of Global Programs at Penn State offers a lot of resources for international students. They will help you collect the required documentation to get a Social Security Number (SSN) which you will need for everything, so do this as soon as you can. Also, don’t forget to have your I19 or DS2019 signed once a year before you travel out of the country.
  • Depression is not uncommon amongst graduate students, particularly those that have left their home for the first time. Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS) works with thousands of students in group therapy, individual counselling, crisis intervention, and psychiatric services and offers a caring and supportive environment.
  • Penn State offers general health care services through University Health Services. You can make appointments online for almost any type of primary care through their website. For dental, vision, or other types of speciality services, almost all practitioners in State College will accept your Penn State insurance.

Skip to toolbar