A perspective and representation among faculty, staff and students
The Department of Kinesiology is committed to, and accountable for, advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusive excellence that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusive excellence as a core strength and an essential element of our mission.
In the Department of Kinesiology:
- We will foster and maintain a safe environment of respect and inclusion for faculty, staff, and students within the kinesiology Department.
- We will educate our faculty, staff, and students to be social justice advocates, creatively providing curricula, programs, and environments that reflect the diversity of our Department and elevate cultural awareness.
- We will ensure fair and inclusive access to Kinesiology Department facilities, programs, resources, and services, and ensure that all of our policies and practices are inclusive and equitable.
- We will advance and build our workforce by assessing hiring practices and performance review procedures to attract, retain, and develop talented faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds within the kinesiology Department.
- We will address departmental disparities in areas such as representation, retention, learning outcomes, and graduation rates.
Penn State students have access to a wide variety of academic and multicultural services and clubs and organizations that are specifically designed to promote the importance of diversity as well as address the academic, social, professional, and living needs of underrepresented populations at the University.
For more information about Penn State’s commitment to diversity, please read A Framework to Foster Diversity at Penn State. Also, you can read more about the student services offered by the Office of Educational Equity.
This specific Web site serves as a general resource in providing kinesiology constituents an overview for the perspective and representation of diversity among faculty, staff and students in the department. We encourage the faculty, staff and students to utilize this reference as a means to further enrich diversity in our department. Accordingly, we advocate that the readership complete the commitment to diversity activity in the menu above.