Dear Senior Me

Photo on 8-10-15 at 5.06 PM #2

Dominique, recent graduate of Penn State University,

Can you believe it?! You actually did it! You’ve graduated from college and are ready to embark on the next chapter of your life. Congratulations Darling! You’re officially ready for the real world!

A special thanks to the people who supported me through it all: Mom and Dad, I could not have done it without you. You’re constant support and encouragement were what got me through the toughest days and reminded me that I was capable of succeeding. You were always there to offer any advice you could. You never failed to reload my Starbucks card when I needed it. You’re both dolls.

It’s hard to believe it’s all over. This is what I’ve been waiting for, for as long as I can remember. After years of preparation, it’s time to venture out into the real world and begin my career. I’m beyond thrilled to be working with The Walt Disney Company in their PR department. This is what I’ve been working towards for four years. Between the countless meetings with my advisor and numerous internships, I’m finally ready to start my dream job.

These past four years have been remarkable. I’ve made incredible memories with people I will never forget, I made connections that will be extremely beneficial to my career, and transformed into the person I knew I could be. I’ve become more confident in my abilities because I know I am capable of succeeding. I’m not afraid of failure. I see it as an opportunity to learn from my mistakes and do better the next time. Knowing this has helped me more than I can even describe.

I’ve also learned how to relax. I remember my first semester at Penn State: I was so nervous! Everything stressed me out. I was constantly worrying about something. I’ve learned that you have to take everything one step at a time. Don’t let yourself get overwhelmed because you WILL get it all done, I promise. I now know that stressing about it won’t do anything. It’s best to just take a deep breath and get started.

You’ve done great kiddo. Don’t forget to smile, and remember: just keep swimming.

Movie on 8-10-15 at 5.00 PM #2

Speak Your Mind