The Sirsi Dynix Northeastern Regional Users Group (SNRG) announces a call for presenters for the SNRG conference taking place from Sunday-Tuesday, June 9 – 11, 2013 at Cabrini College in Radnor, PA. The SNRG Conference aims to provide education and professional development for library staff who use SirsiDynix for their ILS. We would like presentations to be between 45 minutes and an hour. Possible presentation topics could include:
• Marc Edit
• Authority Files
• Special Collections
• Roundtable discussions
• Collection Development
• Emerging Technologies
• Technical Services
• Digital Preservation
• Reference Services
• e-Books and Digital Publishing
• Information Literacy Instruction
• Intellectual Property and Copyright Issues
• Student Workers
• Scholarly Publishing
Any other suggestions are welcome. The deadline for proposals is April 8, 2013. Submitters will be notified regarding acceptance of proposals by April 15, 2013.
Benefits of Presenting
Presenters will receive a $25 discount off of registration on the day of the presentation. Presenters choosing to participate in the conference on another day will be expected to pay the single day registration rate. Presenters are responsible for making their own travel arrangements and accommodations. Please see the conference website for information on lodging and travel.
The conference will be attended primarily by academic librarians, with some attendees from public libraries as well. Attendees are from the northeast, from Canada to Maryland.
• Lecture-Style Sessions – Traditional lecture style session with a few minutes at the end for questions.
• Tutorial Sessions – Sessions offering demonstrations and tutorials
• Roundtables – In-depth discussion on a topic with audience interaction
• Presentation / Discussion – Interactive session involving a short (approximately 20 minute) presentation followed by group discussion.
Conference facilitators will be available to assist in the coordination of the session in order to respond to equipment issues or resolve any issues that may arise.
Materials and Technology
In the spirit of conservation, , we ask that presenters only bring printed handouts that are absolutely necessary. Instead, presentation materials will be made available in electronic format on the conference website. Please submit any materials you would like to make available in pdf or PowerPoint format to email@example.com for inclusion on the website.
All classrooms have wireless and wired internet as well as projectors. Laptops are also available for use in presentations. Please let us know if you would like to request a laptop. Additionally, please notify us by May 15, 2013 if you need any special software loaded on the laptop for the presentation.
Terms and Conditions
1. Presenter(s) must agree to all Terms & Conditions for participation.
2. Proposal submitter will serve as primary contact and must have a valid email address.
3. Incomplete submissions cannot be considered for review.
4. The Program Committee has final say over programs that are accepted. Submission does not guarantee acceptance.
5. The deadline for submission of program proposals is Monday, April 8, 2013.