When: Thursday, November 9, 2017, 10:00am- 4:00pm Central Time
Where: Amigos Online Classroom
Today’s metadata is not yesterday’s cataloging. Libraries are doing amazing things with all kinds of metadata from many sources. How is your library innovating with metadata? We would like to hear from you! Possible topics include:
- New metadata standards and application profiles
- Transforming and exchanging metadata within and between organizations
- Automated ways of generating discovery, preservation and technical metadata
- New systems; innovative uses of institutional repositories, image management systems, discovery layers
- Creative uses of linked data and RDF
- Transitioning from MARC to BIBFRAME
- Innovating with metadata on a shoe-string budget
Each session will be 45 minutes in length. If you’re interested in presenting, but have never done it online, don’t worry — we will teach you what you need to know! We welcome submissions from staff in academic, public and special libraries who work with metadata.
To submit your presentation idea(s), send us your proposal to https://www.amigos.org/node/4657 by August 31st. If you are interested in attending, save the date! We will be posting registration information in Early October.