Our research team aims to solve energy problems, such as energy conversion, energy storage, and energy conservation, by understanding and manipulating fundamental principles underneath physical and chemical processes, in which purposely designed advanced materials play a central role. Our current research focus is two-dimensional (2-D) microporous materials (zeolites and metal-organic frameworks) for catalysis and gas separation. Read our Research page for more.
- April 20, 2017 – Dr. Zhang will present our MOF nanosheet research at the 2017 International Congress on Membranes and Membrane Process (ICOM 2017) in San Francisco, CA.
- February 20, 2017 – Dr. Zhang (as invited speaker) will present our materials characterization and electron microscopy work at the 2017 Microscopy and Microanalysis Meeting in St. Louis, MO.
- February 20, 2017 – Dr. Zhang will present our MOF nanosheet research at the 2017 MRS Spring Meeting in Phoenix, AZ.
- February 1, 2017 – Nikhil Narayanan and Austin Alcantara join the DREAM Team as undergraduate researchers. Welcome!
- December 9, 2016 – Chrislynn Suah joins the DREAM Team as an undergraduate researcher. Welcome, Chrislynn!
- October 21, 2016 – Graduate student Xinyang Yin joins the group! Welcome, Xinyang!
- September 16, 2016 – Jay Patel joins the DREAM Team as an undergraduate researcher. Welcome, Jay!
- June 2, 2016 – The DREAM Team is constantly looking for motivated undergraduate students and M.S. students to explore new applications of porous materials. E-mail us for details.
- You will learn lab techniques that will be used in actual industrial R&D settings.
- You will put your chemical engineering knowledge into practice in these projects.
- You will work with state-of-the-art microporous materials that can be used in processing industrial molecules of the 21st century.
- November 7, 2015 – Graduate students Jay Thakkar and Jie Zha join the group! Welcome, Jay and Jie!
- October 1, 2015 – Lab construction has started.