To run these old DOS programs in the latest versions of Windows ( they may or may not run on older Windows versions ) you can use the DOSBox program:
- Download DOSBox v.0.74 .
- Install it.
- Dowload a zipped DOS program listed below. In diskdrive X create a file YYYY (Choose any diskdrive X and file YYYY you want.) Then
extract (unzip) the zipped file into the file YYYY in diskdrive X.
- Run DOSBox.
- Type mount c: X:\YYYY (where X and YYYY are the diskdrive and file you chose)
- press return
- Type c:
- press return
- Type Name of the start program
- “Name of the start program” is given after each program below:
I have not checked every instance, but it seems one can no longer printout anything.
SPACE GROUP MULTIPLICATION
A little program to which gives the product of the multiplication of two space group elements.
- Download SGMULT.zip (14 KB)
- “Name of the start program” = spacemul.exe
PROPERTIES OF THE 32 POINT GROUPS
This program gives the notation, elements, subgroups, centralizers, normalizers, normal subgroups, and coset and double coset decompositions of the 32 crystallographic point groups. See publication #54: “The coset and double coset decompositions of the 32 point groups,” by V. Janovec, E. Dvorakova, T.R. Wike, and D.B. Litvin, Acta Cryst. (1989). A45, 801-802. (an old DOS program.)
- Download 32pg.zip (43 KB)
- “Name of the start program” = pg.bat
- Note: Output of this program can also be generated and printed by the downloadable program “Properties of the Magnetic Point Groups” on the Downloadable Programs page .
PHYSICAL PROPERTY TENSORS AND TENSOR PAIRS IN CRYSTALS
For a physical property tensor T, the point group G, and the subgroup H chosen is program will calculate: The number of domains, the number of distinct domains, and the number of tensor pair classes is calculated. The stabilizer GT of T in G is the largest subgroup of G which leaves invariant the form of the tensor T invariant under the subgroup H. It is used to calculate the number of tensor pair classes, and the double coset representatives of the double coset decomposition of G with respect to GT which in turn is used to calculate representative tensor pairs of each tensor pair class. These tensor pairs are listed on the right and the corresponding double coset representative on the left. Of each tensor pair, the second tensor is obtained from the first by applying the corresponding double coset representative. See publication #55 “Physical property tensors and tensor pairs in crystals” by S.Y. Litvin & D.B. Litvin, Acta Cryst. A46 711-713.
- Download PPT and_TP.zip (146 KB)
- “Name of the start program” = autoexec.bat
ICOSAHEDRAL POINT GROUPS
Permutations of the vertices of an icosahedron under the action of the elements of the icosahedral point groups, the icosahedral point groups’ multiplication tables, subgroups, sets of conjugate subgroups, centralizers and normalizers of arbitrary subsets and coset and double coset decompositions. See publication #56: “The Icosahedral Point Groups” by D.B. Litvin, Acta Cryst. (1991) A47, 70-73. (an old DOS program, now given as three separate files containing a drawing of an icosahedron with indexed vertices, an intro file, and program file.)
- Download ICO.zip (52 KB)
- “Name of the start program” = icoprog.exe
- Note: To end the introduction, press esc. Then type icoprog, press return and go back to the main menu.
Note: In viewing the icosohedron, most choices correspond to defunct graphics cards. I could view the icosahedron using choices “E” and “O”. I don’t know what will work for you. Again, typing icoprog and pressing return will take you back to the main menu.
RANK 0, 1, 2, AND 3 MAGNETIC AND NON-MAGNETIC PHYSICAL-PROPERTY TENSORS*
The form of 36 rank 0, 1, 2, and 3 magnetic and non-magnetic physical-property tensors invarinat under each of the 236 subgroups of D6h1′ and each of the 420 subgroups of Oh1′ are tabulated. See publications #57 “Rank 0, 1, 2, and 3 magnetic and non-magnetic physical-property tensors” by S.Y. Litvin and D.B. Litvin, Acta Cryst. (1991) A47, 290-292.
- Download Tensor.zip (93 KB)
- “Name of the start program” = c.bat