Speech Plan

For my first speech I am going to do the interview option. I chose to interview my dad in regards to his opinion of civic life. When I deliver my speech, I will be in the classroom, without the computers, which I am thankful for as it will be easier to make eye contact without the screens in front of people’s faces. Being able to make eye contact should make it easier to connect with my audience. I will have between three and four minutes to deliver my speech, so I will need to really focus on a few important points and go into detail about them. It may be difficult to contain my speech to three minutes, so I will have to practice it many times in advance. The audience I am addressing will be my classmates who are also studying civic life and who have done the same project. To begin my speech I think I am going to start off with a question to engage my audience and grab their attention right off the bat.

The purpose of my speech, or what I’d like to get across to my audience is that civic life is more than merely volunteering. I’d like my classmates to realize that no matter what one’s profession or interest, a person can be involved in their community and can give back. My goal is that after I’m finished speaking the audience has a different idea of what civic life is and my classmates have new ideas for ways they can get involved in their communities. I plan on beginning my speech with a question about what the audience thinks civic life is and how a good citizen can contribute their community. Next I plan on explaining my dad’s approach to civic life and explaining some of the numerous activities and events that he partakes in. Once I go through what he is involved in I plan on going into his opinion of what a good citizen is and how to be one. Finally I plan on concluding my speech with having the audience ponder what they think being a good citizen is and challenging them to find new ways to get involved. As I prepare my speech I am trying to really focus on my purpose and connecting with my audience.

This entry was posted in Work In Progress and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

5 Responses to Speech Plan

1. Karl Mind says:

Very nice information altadefinizione

2. Sherise Galarita says:

I like this web site its a master peace ! Glad I noticed this on google .

3. I am not certain the place you are getting your info, but great topic. I needs to spend some time studying more or understanding more. Thank you for magnificent info I was searching for this info for my mission.

4. Cara Rangaswamy says:

I also think your focus is really good. It’s important not to try to accomplish too much in a 3-4 minute speech, but you seem to be planning well to avoid doing that. Can’t wait to hear about your dad’s civic life!

5. Catherine Cicholski says:

You have a really solid plan for your speech and I think that it will work out well for you. I like your focus and think that you will be able to get your point across during your speech. I also think that it’s good that your including your dad’s opinion in the speech, it will help your purpose out a lot.