Life Moves Pretty Fast…

bueller quote

Throughout high school, one of my best friends was obsessed with the movie Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, and as a result, recited this quote all of the time. I never really paid this quote much attention, but it deserves a lot more recognition than I have given it. After all, our lives are so busy. We fill our days with so many activities. There are classes, then homework, then clubs, then time with friends, and then perhaps a job. I know that I have a tendency to schedule every minute of my day so that all I have to accomplish gets done on time. However, I fear that if I always do this, I am going to miss out on what is happening right now. I don’t know about you, but I cannot believe that we are already almost halfway through our second semester of college. When did that happen? I still feel like I just got here. I’m starting to see how quickly these four years are going to go, and I do not want to rush through, worry and organizing my time, and missing out on what a great experience it is to be in college.

Furthermore, I feel that this quote is something to keep in mind this weekend. This weekend is Thon and for a lot of us, it is our first one, at least it is for me. Whenever I find myself talking with upperclassmen about Thon, I am always told that there are no words to describe it, that I just have to experience it myself. I cannot even share how excited I am to finally be there this weekend! I know that 46 hours seems like a long time, but I fear that the weekend is going to fly by as well. I really want to remember to take some time this weekend to appreciate where I am. To appreciate what Penn State can accomplish and finally see what I am a part of. I hope everyone has a great weekend, but please remember to stop and look around, and really appreciate and experience Thon for all that it is. After all, we have looked forward to this weekend all year and we deserve to really soak it all in.

This entry was posted in Passion and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Life Moves Pretty Fast…

1. I’ll right away clutch your rss feed as I can not to find your email subscription hyperlink or newsletter service. Do you’ve any? Please allow me know so that I may subscribe. Thanks.

2. link says:

I have been reading out many of your stories and it’s pretty clever stuff. I will definitely bookmark your website.

3. This site can be a walk-by means of for the entire information you wished about this and didn’t know who to ask. Glimpse here, and also you’ll definitely uncover it.

4. codelite says:

Pretty! This was a really wonderful post. Thank you for your provided information.

5. great points altogether, you just gained a new reader. What would you suggest about your post that you made a few days ago? Any positive?

6. Aurea Kinsey says:

I have learn a few excellent stuff here. Certainly worth bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how much attempt you put to make this type of fantastic informative website.

7. Hello, i feel that i saw you visited my website thus i came to “go back the desire”.I’m trying to find things to enhance my web site!I suppose its good enough to use a few of your ideas!!

8. he blog was how do i say it… relevant, finally something that helped me. Thanks

9. I like looking trough a post tha cann make men and womenn think.
    Also, many thanks for alloeing for me to comment!

10. Jazmin Guida says:

I believe other website proprietors should take this internet site as an example , very clean and superb user friendly style and design.

11. dilioptim says:

Some truly prize content on this website , saved to fav.

12. Catherine Cicholski says:

Ferris Bueller’s Day Off is an awesome movie and I also have never considered the messages in the movie! It’s interesting how many movies actually have messages like that. A lot of people watch them for the entertainment value, but often there are always moral issues brought up or just ideas on life. Also, I just bought a poster for my room that is a rendition of the painting that Cameron stares at in the museum. It’s pretty cool!

13. Mariam Ahmad says:

AHHHHHH. One of my best friends, John Connolly (you probably know him) is obsessed with this movie as well. Every time I hear that quote, I think of going to D.C. with him for Washington Week and how it flew by within the blink of an eye. Also, THON…yeah. I KNOW it’s going to fly by so fast, and I can’t help missing it already…and it hasn’t even officially started. The one piece of advice that all upperclassmen have given me is to take time to let everything soak in and to take in as much as I can. Cliche, I know, but I think its really important for everyone – freshmen and seniors.
    On that note, don’t waste one minute this weekend! I hope you have an amazing first-THON experience!

14. Ben Purtell says:

I’ve never seen that movie but all my friends where just talking about it the other day and I feel like its one I need to see. And I love the quote, I’d seen that or something like it before.

15. Amanda Rees says:

That is one of my favorite movies. I love it so much! I like that you pulled this quote out of it, too. It may just be a classic 80’s movie, but these words are a really good life lesson (and Matthew Broderick says them so suave-like, too). I’m right there with you when you say that this year is going way too fast! Where did the time go?? I remember my first meeting with my OPP committee, February 15-17 seemed so far away, and then I blinked and now it’s tomorrow! Funny how you mention to stop and look around at THON, because that is on the “rule sheet” for my committee. Our captain stressed to us that at some point we need to stop what we are doing and just look around – really take it in.

16. Kate Rouleau (Section 9, 137H) says:

Allison, my captain said pretty much the same thing in our THON survival guide. To elaborate, she said something along the lines of not holding back emotion especially around late Saturday and Sunday. I’m also really excited to step into the BJC and see the kids and the dancers, take lots and lots of pictures and of course, dance. 🙂 FTK. thon in 1 day 7 hours.

17. Amy Norton says:

I love Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, but I’ve never really paid attention to its message. It’s always just been a fun movie that I watch when I’m looking for something entertaining. I think that your outlook on college is awesome! I fall tend to schedule every minute of every day, and recently I’ve been trying to change this, because I think you get more out of life if you’re actually living it, as opposed to planning it and completing tasks. By the way, this new blog topic is great!