1) Learn about website making and website best practices
- watch: http://www.wix.com/support/main/html5/getting-started(how to use wix)
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZEcVOCthRY (best practices)
(extra: on business plans: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCbLihzsbE8)
2) Work on developing your own website
- Create an account on wix.com.
1) Open an account on WIX (or another website)
- enter email and pw
- pick category –Totally up to you.
iii. pick a template: you can “view” it first, but go back and click on the entire website to choose.
2) Edit your site
- Follow the “Show me How” guide to understand the different components of the website
- Complete the sections on: home, team, services, and contact.
The following information should go in each section:
Home: Image of you or something that represents your professional self, logo, your tagline, your mission statement, etc.
About Me: (Can be combined with HOME)
Professional Letter, Statement Letter, Cover Letter, Vision Letter: (minimum 4 graph letter modeled after cover letter)
Resume: 2 versions 1) On actual page 2) printable/download button or media file
Contact: Professional email address. Provide phone and address
For more help visit using the Wix Editor. Click here