Welcome to the Ecosystem Science and Management (ESM)
Graduate Student Organization (GSO)!
What is the ESM GSO?
The GSO is an organization committed to improving the academic, social, and professional experience of all graduate students enrolled in ESM programs (Wildlife and Fisheries, Forestry, and Soils). We are student-led by officers elected by the graduate student body. The officers, along with the general body, organize all types of social events, hold professional development opportunities, and represent graduate students interests in department decision-making.
How do I get involved?
First, make sure you are on the departmental list-serv by contacting Diane Monteith. This will ensure you receive all emails about GSO events. Another way is to attend general body meetings where we identify goals and brainstorm ideas for the organization.
Who are the current officers?
- President – Josh Rittenhouse (MS Forest Resources)
- Vice President – Jacob Johnson (PhD Forest Resources)
- Secretary – Lauren Onofrio (MS Ecology)
- Treasurer – Michael Perkins (PhD Forest Resources)
- Social Chair – Amanda Van Buskirk (MS Ecology)
- Faculty Liaison – Mara Lee Cashay Cloutier (PhD Soil Science)
Have questions or suggestions?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org