Welcome to the Ecosystem Science and Management (ESM)
Graduate Student Organization (GSO)!
What is the ESM GSO?
Broadly speaking, the GSO is an organization committed to improving the academic, social, and professional experience of all graduate students enrolled in ESM programs (Wildlife and Fisheries, Forestry, and Soils). We are student-led by officers elected by the graduate student body. The officers, along with the general body, organize all types of social events, hold professional development opportunities, and represent graduate students interests in department decision-making.
How do I get involved?
First, make sure you are on the departmental list-serv by contacting Diane Monteith. This will ensure you receive all emails about GSO events. Another way is to attend general body meetings where we identify goals and brainstorm ideas for the organization.
Who are the current officers?
- President – David Muñoz (PhD Ecology)
- Vice President – Sarah Isbell (PhD Ecology)
- Secretary – Tess Gingery (M.S. Wildlife Science)
- Treasurer – Alison Franklin (PhD Soil Science and Biogeochemistry)
- Social Co-chairs – Danielle Williams (M.S. Wildlife Science), Fei Jiang (PhD Soil Science), Emily Ball (M.S. Soil Science), Chelsea DeMarco (M.S. Wildlife Science)
- Faculty Liaison – Will Miller (PhD Ecology)
- Faculty Social Committee Liaison – Shannon White (PhD Ecology)
- Alumni Board Representative – Warren Reed (PhD Ecology)
- Webmaster – Staci Amburgey (PhD Ecology)
Have questions or suggestions?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org