Welcome to the Ecosystem Science and Management (ESM)
Graduate Student Organization (GSO)!
What is the ESM GSO?
The GSO is an organization committed to improving the academic, social, and professional experience of all graduate students enrolled in ESM programs (Wildlife and Fisheries, Forestry, and Soils). We are student-led by officers elected by the graduate student body. The officers, along with the general body, organize all types of social events, hold professional development opportunities, and represent graduate students interests in department decision-making.
How do I get involved?
First, make sure you are on the departmental list-serv by contacting Diane Monteith. This will ensure you receive all emails about GSO events. Another way is to attend general body meetings where we identify goals and brainstorm ideas for the organization.
Who are the current officers?
- President – Grady Zuiderveen (PhD Forest Resources)
- Vice President – Emily Ball (MS Soil Science)
- Secretary – Carli Dinsmore (MS Ecology)
- Treasurer – Sara Mueller (PhD Wildlife and Fisheries Science)
- Social Co-chairs – Monique Pipkin (MS Ecology) & Cat Mejia (MS Soil Science)
- Faculty Liaison – Brian Redder (PhD Forest Resources)
- Faculty Social Committee – Melissa Miller (MS Soil Science)
- Alumni Board Representative – Warren Reed (PhD Ecology)
- Webmaster – Xin Chen (PhD Forest Resources)
Have questions or suggestions?
Contact us at email@example.com