Post #18: Fitness Class Critique Part 2

Workout review!

I did this in a previous post, but today I’m going to talk about some workout classes and rate them based on their difficulty, effectiveness, and fun factor!

Whitebuilding_2

I am going to critique the following classes: Power Remix, Butts and Guts, Boot Camp, and Calorie Killer.

Power Remix- If you have not yet been to Power Remix, then you need to make room in your schedule ASAP! Power Remix is a blast. You perform basic dance steps to popular songs and the level of difficulty is at a minimum. You do a fair bit of jumping so you are getting a pretty good workout in, but if you are planning on shedding loads of calories this is not the right class. Power Remix is for those of you who like to dance and it is a lot more fun if you go with friends.

Butts and Guts- This, my friends, is quite a challenge. Although this class is titeled Butts and Guts, out of all the classes I have been to the main focus is generally on the “Butts” part. I would rate this as one of the more challenging workout classes in terms of strength. While you don’t move around to much in this class you do tons of squats and a variety of exercises to make your butt and legs very sore the next morning. This class is not as fun as Power Remix but it is very effective in toning your abs and butt.

Class_ball

Balls and Bands- This work out is a very unique one that a lot of people don’t know about. It uses, obviously, medicine balls and excerise bands and is a fun and different way of working out. Unlike most of the classes, which do not target your arms, this class can help strengthen and tone your upper body as well as your mid section. Although this class isn’t as challenging as Butts and Guts, it is still a great workout and I think it is fun to work out with different materials.

Calorie Killer- The title of this class is a pretty good representation of what the class accomplishes. Calorie Killer is a very challenging class and involves a lot of burst of energy and tons of jumping and moving around. Although this class is very difficult, it helps to bring friends along so you can suffer together. I don’t know how “fun” I would consider this class to be, but this class sure does make you tired and test your body to its limits.

So, some of you may have just read this blog and do not even have a gym membership. I apologize for that so instead of commenting about my critiques, I want comments to be about what your ideal workout class would look like. What would it be called? What kind of exercises would you do? What kind of music would be played? Fill me in on your perfect workout class.