Ha! I just found this list of pitcher plant contents we identified as a class and put together as a draft blog post last September (see previous post for context and additional photos):
- 2 caterpillars, 2 adult lepidopteran heads (crania)
- 3–4 spp. of ichneumonid
- 1 teleasine scelionid
- lots of flies, including dolichopodids, phorids, and cecidomyiids
- 3 spp. of ants, including some Camponotus
- Braconidae: Doryctinae
- 2 spider spp.
- Opiliones chelicera
- Tettigoniidae leg
Alas I never completed the draft, but I do know the plant was Sarracenia purpurea (Sarraceniaceae). I also have a browser open somewhere with a TON of tabs with pitcher plant references. That post lost momentum ages ago, so here are the fragments. Seems like a cool undergrad project here! Maybe next fall I can be a bit more robust about how I sample.