Civic Artifact Outline

Civic Artifact: Apple

Introduction:

When I say that my civic artifact is Apple, I am not talking about a banana or orange; I am referring to a company that has played a big part in the world of technology today. Look around you, I am pretty sure you can find a product that Apple has produced or even played a part in. Even though their empire began with the Apple One back in 1976, they have come a long way to assert their technological dominance in this day and age.

Thesis:

Apple has revolutionized the way that we function today. From listening to music, to reading and even learning; Apple’s presence in the technological world is highly profound.
Pathos: Apple has many events such as WWDC (a developer’s conference) and several keynote events prior to the release of a new product. Usually at these events, Apple gives their customers what they want to see and hear; new innovation, new features and solutions to the flaws already present in the previous models. To an extent, Apple presents their products with a prestige; making a new release purchase the golden ticket of the city.

Ethos: Apple records the amount of products that activate their iOS operating system.

Logos: As of March 2015, Apple has sold about 700million iPhones around the globe. When a new product is on the launch, it is to no surprise that the item will sell out in a matter of seconds. People have pure dedication towards this company, by camping out the day of a new product release which can lead to blocks being filled up with several tents. In a nutshell, Apple makes the desire to acquire their products insatiable. Leading customers to purchase the latest model even when the older version is not far away.

For the kairos aspect, discuss the many products that Apple has released beginning from the Apple One and do not forget to mention the Ipod (classic).

-Question audience how many have or own an Apple product

-Discuss why Apple is so prevalent and why they are the brand of preference for so many

Conclusion:

Apple has an effective strategy using rhetoric and other ways to make the demand for their products so high. Because of this, it can be argued that they have a monopoly on the technological market.