Daily Routine – Passion Post #2

For my second passion post, I will do another one of my original songs entitled, “Daily Routine.”

Daily Routine was a song that I wrote about my life in general, what I go through on an everyday basis and some of my dreams, thoughts and aspirations. Here I will give an analysis of my second verse. Be prepared to get an analysis of songs that are not my originals in the next post.

V2

A

Want to reach my goals in life, see distractions left and right, focused but sometimes I’m on my Robin Thicke sight- blurred lines, but I want it clear a Canon or a Nikon.

B

When these kids hearing me I want to be an icon, don’t hold grudges I’ll just let bygones be bygones. I want these tracks to scare you straight, appearance of a python.

C

Trying to be a meaty heavyweight, Mike and Tyson. No boxing match, killing this beat so I’m fighting.

D

don’t know why people are breezing through life, I wake up rise and grind to do it right.

E

Always kept my circle tight, no diet soda, this is light. And I’m trying to do this with all my might.

A

I am implying that I have set high standards for myself and I plan to achieve all the goals that I have on my agenda (Ex: Graduate college, get into grad school of choice and live a happy life with a happy family). With that said, I am also acknowledging that there are many distractions that can prevent me from performing at the peak of my potential (Ex: Girls, Friends, etc of things at PSU).

Even though I have these things revolving around my life, I still remain focused but then go on to say that my vision of being “Focused” can be “Blurry” at times (direct reference to the Robin Thicke song, “Blurred Lines”). I then continue with more references of Canon and Nikon (both high quality camera brands) to allude to my “Focused” metaphor.

B

Over the tenure of my Rap endeavor (I would not call it a career) many people have came up to me saying that they love what I do and encourage me to keep it up. I am saying that I want the younger ones to listen to me and look up to the message and words that I want to convey.

As a person, it takes a lot to get me mad because I tend not to dwell or give the time of day to things that I view irrelevant. I am saying that I will let bygones be bygones due to the person that I am.

At the same time, I am implying that I want my lyrical skills to impress people so that it “scares” them. A python is a deadly snake that can strike fear from its presence. In a way, I want my words to emulate a Python.

C

Meaty heavyweight alludes to a combination of references. Tyson refers to the chicken brand that produces “meat”. Mike is a double entendre referring to Mike Tyson who is a Heavyweight boxing champion.

I finish this segment by saying that I am “killing” this beat with my words (as in I am flowing and doing justice to the beat).  I finish with the boxing reference by saying that it is not a boxing match, but I am still “fighting”.

D

“I don’t know why people are breezing through life” is myself speaking out loud wondering why people don’t take initiative or wait for opportunities to come to them.

I then go on to finish this segment by saying I “rise and grind everyday” as in I wake up to work hard everyday (definition of grind).

E

Always kept my circle tight means that I have a select few  people that I allow to get really close to me. As for creating raps and putting them together, I am saying that it is light or easy (which implies the reference to diet soda). That is why I end by saying I am trying to do this with all my might because Rap is my passion.

Listen to Daily Routine Here: —->