Logic x Buried Alive – Passion Post #8

Hello fellow bloggers, today I will be introducing you to an emcee that is not as popular in the game but has all of the potential it takes. The person that I am talking to you about is none other than Gaitherburg’s finest.

Buried Alive is the 5th track on Logic’s debut Album, Under Pressure. Sampling his own voice and being a part of the production, Logic finds a way to blend his vocals along an upbeat hip-hop instrumental.

Logic Speaking about Buried Alive

Lyrics: 

[Hook:]
Tell me how you feel
I feel like the grass is green
And everything I do is unseen
But I know that’s just in my mind
I know everything is just in my mind
Do you really wanna to be famous?
Do you really wanna be a superstar?
Do you really wanna get dangerous?
Do you even know where the groupies are?
Women out here be shameless
And I really wonder where they parents are
Look around, everything changes
It feels like I’ve been buried alive

[Verse 1:]
Everything happens for a reason
People only in your life for seasons
Word to Aunt Viv
Death and taxes that’s all we given
You can make a life but can’t make a livin’
You can make it work but that still ain’t driven
Give a lot but that still ain’t givin
Livin’ life like this ain’t real though
Every night like this I feel so
Dead wrong, collision is head on
My vision is dead and gone
Perception of right and wrong
I been here so very long
Right here in this very song
Look around everything changes
Seem like everybody just strangers
Don’t go outside cause it’s dangerous
Why everybody wanna be famous
I’m so OCD if they notice me
I might jump out the grave so they know it’s me
Man everybody want this sh__ for free
Hand out palm up when they get to me
In my mind no I never let it get to me
Everybody got a time will it get to me
V’s up mother, that’s victory
Tell me why what I’m doing ain’t sh__ to me, damn

Song Analysis:

Logic opens up his verse saying that “Everything happens for a reason” which implies he is a firm believer of fate. He then makes a statement saying that “people are only in your life for seasons”. Meaning that throughout life, people will come and go. He then makes a reference to Aunt Viv from the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air as an example of an actor who remained on the show for a couple of seasons.

In the next couple of lines, Logic expresses how he feels about hard work and you can see through his words and tone that he feels frustrated and/or even disappointed. Logic continues by saying “Every night I feel so dead wrong” which meant a couple of things. Here, Logic is questioning his path and his sustainability in the rap game because he is a relatively new artist.

Because he has been making a name for himself in the rap game, “everything is changing” for him. With that he gives a reference to his hometown, Gaithersburg by implying that it is not always a safe place to live in AND it means that he is exploring/living life by “going outside”.

He goes on to express his dissatisfaction by saying, “everybody want this for free”. Meaning that a lot of people just want to become famous, but when it comes down to do all of the work it takes to become so prestigious they want to back out. With that, comes in reference his close affiliates and his album.

A) Affiliates – Many people believe that since Logic is “on the rise” he is entitled to give them money, the are expecting his “handout”.

B) Album – As stated earlier, this is Logic’s debut album. Because of this, you will have to pay for it. This is a huge change because all of Logic’s previous projects were available for free. (Can be considered a triple entendre)!

Personal Reflection:

I love songs like this because they allow you to see an artist for who they really are through their reflections and deep emotion. Here, I can tell Logic is truly genuine and passionate behind all of the music that he makes; he is just fighting to get his name known and develop his fan base even more.

Everything behind this song speaks to me; the hook, the verses, samples and the background instruments. You can tell that logic spends a great amount of time in the studio trying to get everything in perfection for his listeners.

I have listened to Buried Alive many times and this is one of my favorites off the album.

Listen to Buried Alive below.