Copenhagen Accord- Module 9

Untitled document

My systems diagram explains the effect of the burning of fossil fuels and the response the world is taking due to the destruction of our earth. My diagram starts with the burning of fossil fuel these fossil fuels are burned when cars are used along with other modes of transportation. The burning causes emissions known as green house gasses. The greenhouse gas emissions cause the ozone layer of the atmosphere to deteriorate letting in more and more sunlight. This as a result increases the temperature of the earth, with this drastic increase in global climate, there has been a human response. The Copenhagen Accord is issued as an attempt to cut down on the catastrophic causes of the climate change. As most of the world would like to join in the efforts some did not comply. Due to the major investment and use of fossil fuels across the globe, it was only through manipulation and aid that the Copenhagen Accord could be established.

Personally I think that each country should have their own say in the environmental impact they have, this being to some extent. I obviously do not think it is ion anyway right for people to be able to harm the environment in any way, but some countries need to use fossil fuels to survive, I think we should take a more green approach by weaning these fossil fuel based economies into a less disparaging origin of capital. The green campaign is great for the development of a poorer and less technologically advanced. The use of solar panels and carbon offsets can slowly but surely regain the health of the earth if there is a full effort.

2 thoughts on “Copenhagen Accord- Module 9

1. I liked your diagram and the way you articulated your points of view also. I enjoyed your personal perspective and also tend to agree with your personal viewpoints regarding this issue. It is a complex long term process. We are all learning together as a global community. Thank you for input.

2. Hello Gavin, my name is Megan and I like that you took a stance on how climate diplomacy should be handled. I didn’t talk about the means to reduce emissions but more of the political strategy to do so. If you would like to take a look, here is my own blog: http://geog030.dutton.psu.edu/2016/04/08/la9-megans-diplomacy-stance/

The point of the UN Climate Change Conference is so that every country participating has a say on the policies they propose to try to mitigate climate change. You examined some of the ways that countries may be able to reduce their carbon footprint, and maybe trying to introduce projects for each nation (focusing efforts) instead of doing each nation at once at a smaller scale would be more effective.

The transition to less environmental impact is a complex and difficult one. Almost every country is reliant on the use of fossil fuels, so the struggle is a worldwide one.