College Funding Advisors

nacfa

This week while coming up with a topic for my civics blog I was having some issues. So far while doing my blogs I have covered the basics of college funding news with Obama’s tuition plan and the different funding plans used by different states across the country. So as I was doing some research I came across college funding advisors. This topic may not be recent news concerning college funding but I felt like it is something that is interesting for all of us to know a little more about as college students. Also it relates completely to college funding.

When it comes to saving and paying for college, a National Association of College Funding Advisors advisor can help make a college student’s dream education an affordable reality. Knowing that every student comes from different families that are unique and comes from different pathways of life, a National Association of College Funding Advisors advisor has the expertise to help students develop the ideal plan for their family’s specific financial situation.Most financial advisors and CPA’s have not been thoroughly trained in the coveted niche of college financial planning. Therefore, they’re extremely limited in the assistance they can provide. This is why when you are faced with the costly burden of saving and paying for a six-figure college education, a NACFA advisor can deliver the highest degree of knowledge and expertise.

By being realistic and working within your existing financial resources, a NACFA Advisor can help you design a plan that can make college more easily affordable. These advisors understand that college is not the only cost individuals are responsible for and they take that into consideration. By using specially-designed cash flow and college funding strategies, a NACFA advisor can help you reduce your net out-of-pocket college costs and provide a working plan so that you have the resources available to pay whatever the schools don’t give you in the form of financial aid.

Before researching this today I did not even know this was an available thing to me. After reading into this some, I feel that getting on of these advisors could be very beneficial. For my family the whole college funding and FASFA parts were all new since I am the oldest child in my family. My parents did research to make sure we were going about this the most appropriate and effective way. If I had an advisor like this available to me the whole process would have been much simpler. These advisors are trained to help students make the financial aid process as simple as possible for them and there family.

In this post I did go into great detail about college funding advisors, but if this is something that anyone is interested in I would suggest looking into it. This could be something that is both beneficial to you and your family.

1 Comment on College Funding Advisors

1. akb5429
    March 26, 2015 at 4:41 pm (9 years ago)

Marisa, I think that it’s really great that you addressed this topic. Like you said, this is not commonly discussed in the recent news or much of a “hot” topic. However, I know many people who have graduated drowning in student debt or are not able to go to their top schools that they have been accepted to, due to not having enough financial aid or plan to help them. For many, having someone like a NACFA advisor could be as equally important as plans such as Obama’s tuition plan! Keep up the great work!