A Great Experience

I am very grateful for the opportunity to have interned at the Center for Global Studies. I am especially happy for the chance to have taught some High School kids at Bellefonte. Their obvious ease with grappling with foreign material and the warmth they showed pleasantly surprised me. World Stories Alive was another great experience. The innocent energy that little children have can be very therapeutic (in small doses). Exposing them early on to other cultures is the right step in promoting a more tolerant global village, and I am very happy to have been a part of that.

The approachability of Emily, Mary and Sarah did wonders for my sense of ease while working. The office was always serene and the attitude positive. I can only hope to find a ‘real’ job with such an atmosphere. My fellow interns Rana and Renee were also a joy to work with, and I wish both success in their future ventures.

For my personal growth, I think working at CGS has been very beneficial. It has let me know that with a bit of effort, one can step out of one’s comfort zone in terms of work load, types of activities one undertakes and people one has to interact with. I can not say that I am worse off in any way by having worked here, and I look forward to any other interactions I have with all I have met at CGS in the future.