The process to add keyboards in Yosemite has changed a bit, so because I could not find screen caps on the web, I am adding my own.
Yosemite and Mavericks
- Go to the Apple menu and open Systems Preferences.
- Click the Language and Region (U.N. flag icon)
- Click the Keyboard Preferences button at the bottom of the window to open the keyboard preferences
- In the next window, click the Input Sources tab. Click Show Input menu in menu bar at the bottom of the window.
- Then click the + key to open available keyboards by language.
- In the next window scroll to languages you are interested. Highlight any keyboard you want to activate with the mouse, then click the Add key. Repeat as needed for each keyboard.
Location of Certain Keyboards
- English has U.S. Extended, Dvorak and keyboards for different countries
- Others has Unicode Hex Input